Crescent Reach features a set of quests that enable you to improve your ability in any tradeskill up to a skill of 54. They are much like the Freebie versions of the Progressive Conversion Quests, except that you do not learn to convert anything in particular when you are done. The sole purpose seems to be to facilitate skilling up to 54. The only expense you will have is in acquiring any portable containers that may be required.
You will be unable to get these quests if your skill is already 54 or higher. If you try it then, you will be told:
'While we appreciate the offer to help, your skills are high enough that it would be better for you to seek training in a skill where you have less ability.'
I am in the process of creating individual writeups for all of these. You can see the original reports I am working from in the Tradeskill Quest thread on the message board. (But that forum is for data only, so do NOT post questions there. Additional info would be great though! A better place for questions would be the Quests forum.) When I finish a writeup it will get linked to below.
Alchemy - Alchemist Garai in Crescent Reach @ -1425, -1588, 38
Baking - Baker Sanura in Crescent Reach @ -1440, -1537, 34, in Redloe Bakery on Artisan's Way, second level. She stands beside Cook Kosey, a merchant that is on FIND.
Brewing - Brewer Mesi in Crescent Reach @ -1193, -1583, -85, in lower level of Fireheart Tavern
Fletching - Fletcher Fenuku in Crescent Reach @ -1411, -1409, 16, on second level in a booth
Jewelcraft - Jeweler Chuma in Crescent Reach @ -1238, -1648, 34, upstairs in The Jeweled Serpent
Make Poison - Poisoner Kamuzu in Crescent Reach @ -1239, -1352, 14
Pottery - Potter Safiya in Crescent Reach @ -1222, -1500, 14, on second level, sitting next to hut in front of Forge of Nokk
Research - Researcher Akila in Crescent Reach @ -1425, -1471, -53
Smithing - Smith Wamukota in Crescent Reach @ -1098, -1503, 14
Tailoring - Tailor Nabirye in Crescent Reach @ -1465, -1472, 34
Tinkering - Matrum Geerlok in Crescent Reach @ -1276, -1258, -85
- The rewards of each quest, and the tasks that compose it, are the free skillups and faction with Circle of the Crystalwing. You also get a minute amount of experience that is only noticable under level 4 or 5.
- As part of each quest, different tasks are offered for the level ranges 0-30, 31-37, 38-45, and 46-53. The task you receive depends solely on your skill.
- Each task has you make and turn in 20 of an item. If you fail and lose some ingredients, you can ask the quest giver for that skill for more "supplies" and get another batch.
- If you have not yet reached the upper skill range for that task by the time you have made all 20 items, you have a choice. You can complete the task by handing in the 20 finished items and then start the task over and do another 20. Alternatively, you can refrain from handing in the finished 20 and just ask for more supplies to combine until the recipe trivials. Then hand in 20 of the finished items to complete the task, and start that for the next trivial range.
- Where stationary containers exist for a combine, they should be located near the quest givers.
Created: 2006-10-19 06:35:40
Last Modified By: Verdandi Board Goddess
Last Modified on: 2007-03-22 08:57:36
© 2003-17 Niami Denmother.
The fine print. This is a research and information site. All of the information on this site has been gathered and submitted by the players and Niami Denmother. While we try our best to keep the information here as accurate and up to date as possible, rely upon it at your own risk. By submitting information and graphics to this site, you are granting us permission to use the materials in any way that we deem appropriate. EverQuest is a registered trademark of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. Except as is disclosed on the "about" page, this site has no official connection with EverQuest or Sony Online Entertainment LLC. All information, articles and graphics on this site are the copyright of EQ Traders Corner, its owners and/or Sony Online Entertainment LLC and may not be copied or reprinted without the express written approval of the copyright holder. This site is not meant to represent official EverQuest (SOE) policy, and we are not responsible for errors and/or omissions that occur due to changes in EverQuest trade skills or information that we recieved from the community that is in error.