With the release of Gates of Discord, each of the tradeskills (other than fishing and spell research) obtained two raw materials specific only to that tradeskill. In all cases, the materials are mob dropped and require conversion/refinement by an NPC or player. The refined materials have varying levels of usefulness, with some being extremely valuable and others only marginally so. The refined materials from make poison do not yet have a known use.
For players to be able to refine these raw materials, they must complete quests with the appropriate NPCs before they can be taught the refinement process. However, that's a lot of work if you just want one or two items, so it helps to know which NPC will refine what. All of the below refinements will return two refined materials per raw material provided. Tradeskillers who have learned and practiced the refinement process sufficiently will get three refined materials per raw material.
Note that all the raw materials listed below that need to be refined are mob drops in GoD zones.
Any of the below listings in italics are included for completeness's sake, but are not currently used in any tradeskill recipes.
- Alchemy, Sample Of Taelosian Sludge: Lita Hegeway - yields Sample Of Filtered Taelosian Sludge
- Alchemy, Sample Of Highland Sludge: Jorlan Hegeway - yields Sample Of Filtered Highland Sludge
- Baking, Taelosian Wheat: Ordin Wheasly - yields Taelosian Wheat Flour
- Baking, Taelosian Mountain Wheat: Tylida Eraldi - yields Taelosian Mountain Wheat Flour
- Brewing, Taelosian Tea Leaves: Yitimis Groglenog - yields Taelosian Tea
- Brewing, Taelosian Mountain Tea Leaves: Galidnus Corkpopper - yields Taelosian Mountain Tea
- Fletching, Chunk Of Taelosian Rock: Imildu Woodstreak - yields Taelosian Stone
- Fletching, Chunk Of Discordian Rock: Bansama Nysawi - yields Discord Stone
- Jewelcraft, Raw Crimson Nihilite: Neysia Morningbloom - yields Pale Nihilite (legacy)
- Jewelcraft, Raw Shimmering Nihilite: Rilwind Sitnai - yields Shimmering Nihilite (legacy)
- Make poison, Muramite Blood: Uiyaniv Tu'Vrozix- yields Muramite Blood Distillate
- Make poison, Muramite Bile Sac: Villani I'Xvoyt - yields Muramite Bile
- Pottery, Chunk Of Broken Taelosian Stone Worker: Malkidiv U'Ycionuz - yields Clump Of Refined Taelosian Clay
- Pottery, Chunk Of Broken Ancient Stone Worker: Hiloan O'Yviania, yields Clump Of Refined Ancient Taelosian Clay
- Smithing: Aligned Ore: Snokin Breaksteel, yields Bar Of Aligned Steel
- Smithing: Shimmering Aligned Ore: Esunta, yields Bar Of Shimmering Steel
- Tailoring: Muramite Etched Scales: Tonlyei Lyhin, yields Preserved Muramite Etched Scales
- Tailoring: Aged Muramite Etched Scales: Garald Samer, yields Preserved Aged Muramite Etched Scales
- Tinkering: Raw Dark Matter: Skelontorim Orrthemech, yields Dark Matter
- Tinkering: Raw Infused Dark Matter: Tialechaety Orrthemech, yields Infused Dark Matter
Created: 2004-02-13 12:05:55
Last Modified By: EQTC Editor Aanuvane
Last Modified on: 2010-10-31 02:37:40
© 2003-17 Niami Denmother.
The fine print. This is a research and information site. All of the information on this site has been gathered and submitted by the players and Niami Denmother. While we try our best to keep the information here as accurate and up to date as possible, rely upon it at your own risk. By submitting information and graphics to this site, you are granting us permission to use the materials in any way that we deem appropriate. EverQuest is a registered trademark of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. Except as is disclosed on the "about" page, this site has no official connection with EverQuest or Sony Online Entertainment LLC. All information, articles and graphics on this site are the copyright of EQ Traders Corner, its owners and/or Sony Online Entertainment LLC and may not be copied or reprinted without the express written approval of the copyright holder. This site is not meant to represent official EverQuest (SOE) policy, and we are not responsible for errors and/or omissions that occur due to changes in EverQuest trade skills or information that we recieved from the community that is in error.